Webinar Date/Time: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 1:00 PM (CT)
At the end of this session, attendees will acquire the knowledge below, which covers areas that most frequently lead to project delays or failures if ignored:
- Specific strategies for evaluating, screening and selecting fiber subcontractors.
- Frequently “under” documented procedures and standards which lead to project failure.
- Specific standards regarding splice quality specification and documentation.
- Understand the impact of “over” testing, “under” testing, and proper “handoff” testing.
- Understand typical commissioning requirements and “birth certificate” documentation.
- Understand the concept of “perishable” information that must be captured during the project which cannot be obtained later.
- Understand the principal’s responsibilities for successful communication with their contractors during the project.
Steve Wolszczak, Technology Manager, Light Brigade
Steve Wolszczak has worked in the fiber optics industry for over 35 years. Steve has worked for several major manufacturer’s including Corning, Fitel, Molex and JDSU/Viavi. He has been a technical specialist on fiber, cable, connectivity, amplification, splicing and testing. He is a Certified Fiber Characterization Engineer (CFCE) and Broadband Transport Specialist (BTS). Steve holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from the United States Military Academy at West Point and spent six years in the army after graduation.
Founded in 1987, Light Brigade has trained over 60,000 technicians, installers, engineers, designers and other support staff worldwide in a variety of industries. Light Brigade’s instructor-led and custom classes focus on fiber optic installation, testing, and troubleshooting as well as engineering design including specialized applications for FTTx, utilities, industrial, broadcast and others. All courses are designed to improve efficiencies, reduce costly errors and lower operating costs by focusing on technology and providing relevant course materials. To learn more visit lightbrigade.com or learn.lightbrigade.com or call (800) 451-7128.