Webinar Date/Time: Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 1:00 PM (CT)
Earn 1 BICSI CEC When You Attend the Live Webinar
Fiber standards documents and fiber optic training classes teach us a lot of technology and provide valuable knowledge and skills, but do not always prepare us to manage the sub-contractors who build and provision our fiber networks. Which test requirements need to be included in sub-contracts? Which specifications might actually compromise your network quality? How do you best test for that? This webinar draws from real-world experiences in deploying fiber to identify the potential pitfalls that can lead to project delays or failures.
By the end of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss specific strategies for evaluating, screening, and selecting fiber contractors.
- List frequently underdocumented procedures and standards that can lead to project failure.
- Name the specific standards for splice quality and documentation that will need additional attention.
- Explain the differences between overtesting, undertesting, and proper handoff testing.
- Describe typical commissioning requirements and “birth certificate” documentation.
- Define the concept of perishable information that must be captured during the project and cannot be obtained later.
- Summarize the principal’s responsibilities for successful communication with their contractors during the project.
Attendees are eligible to earn one (1) BICSI/CEC credit.
Steve Wolszczak, Technology Manager, Light Brigade
Steve Wolszczak has worked in the fiber optics industry for over 35 years. Steve has worked for several major manufacturer’s including Corning, Fitel, Molex and JDSU/Viavi. He has been a technical specialist on fiber, cable, connectivity, amplification, splicing and testing. He is a Certified Fiber Characterization Engineer (CFCE) and Broadband Transport Specialist (BTS). Steve holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from the United States Military Academy at West Point and spent six years in the army after graduation.
Founded in 1987, Light Brigade has trained over 60,000 technicians, installers, engineers, designers and other support staff worldwide in a variety of industries. Light Brigade’s instructor-led and custom classes focus on fiber optic installation, testing, and troubleshooting as well as engineering design including specialized applications for FTTx, utilities, industrial, broadcast and others. All courses are designed to improve efficiencies, reduce costly errors and lower operating costs by focusing on technology and providing relevant course materials. To learn more visit lightbrigade.com or learn.lightbrigade.com or call (800) 451-7128.