A simple to use, intelligent optical fiber meter that performs a full certification and troubleshooting of a fiber link in less than 1 min.
- Ramp-up new fiber techs faster
- Deliver repeatable test procedure for improved first time install success rate
- Reduce ‘repair tech’ hand offs, blind fault finding and unnecessary fiber or equipment replacements
- Reduce activation delays and guarantee time to revenue
- Streamline job allocation, workflow and reporting, removing manual processes
- Track project/deployment progress in real time with KPI dashboards
Why is Fiber Testing Important?
With the boom in demand for fiber infrastructure service providers and contractors are under significant pressure to deploy fiber quickly and cost-effectively, while ensuring a high quality, reliable installations. No test or limited test often looks like a good way to reduce deployment cost and time however, it is proven that a lack of testing leads to activation delay, excessive troubleshooting, and loss of revenue. Proper testing during construction and installation phases is the only way to certify the fiber link and provide a record of compliance to ensure successful first-time turn-up and reduce unnecessary truck rolls or repeats.
Optimeter provides everything a new fiber tech needs in one simple and fast solution. In just 1 minute with a single fiber connection and 1 key press any tech can completely validate and certify a link to ensure smooth service installation and activation
What Comes with your Optimeter Fiber Kit?
- Optimeter mainframe with battery, power supply & stylus pen
- In-line dual-band power meter for light levels verification
- Fiber meter for fault finding and link mapping
- USB connectivity supporting P5000i inspection probe
- WiFi connectivity supporting VIAVI Mobile Tech App & FiberChek inspection probe
- Custom soft bag with strap to carry the unit and manage all accessories
Which options/accessories are also available?
- VFL (red light) built into the Optimeter mainframe
- Ruggedized launch cable, managed in custom soft bag
- SmartAccess Anywhere (SAA) application for remote operation and coaching
- Hookstrap to attach the Optimeter anywhere
- Large soft carrying case
- P5000i and FiberChek inspection probes