Mark Mortensen, Principal Analyst, ACG Research, recently said, “As a CSP running a business, you may not want to be the first in your market to implement autonomous network operations, but you certainly don’t want to be the last.” Check out why he said that by reading the latest TM Forum white paper: Autonomous networks: business and operational drivers.
A blog by Tim McGelligott (https://inform.tmforum.org/research-and-analysis/ebooks/towards-automation-improving-the-b2b-customer-experience/) shares why automated network technologies and architectures are key to next-generation telco operations. They will deliver fully automated network and ICT services for vertical industries, consumers and partners. These networks will do the heavy lifting that support self-configuration, self-healing, self-optimization, and self-evolving infrastructure and operations. The four primary domains of an AN are access, edge, transport and core.
While we have yet to see many real-world examples of these live networks, the TM Forum suggests that this situation is about to change. Convergence of rapidly maturing new technologies, business imperatives and management buy-in will likely accelerate adoption of AN methodologies.
The report also shares:
- Where CSPs believe they are currently on their AN implementation journey
- What business goals and visions are driving AN adoption
- How long it will take the industry to get to fully AN implementation
- What role standards play in AN developments
- How the methodology is being implemented in real-world network deployments
- Which CSPs are taking the lead with AN implementation