• iPhone owners are 192 times more at risk to get hacked than other phone brands.
• Over 48,010 Americans are searching information on how to hack an iPhone monthly.
• Sony, Nokia, and Huawei, are the safest phones to have.
• Your Instagram account is 24 times more likely to be a target for hackers than your Netflix account.
• 66,960 Americans are interested in finding out how to hack someone’s Instagram account every month.
• Snapchat and WhatsApp accounts are not safe either, with over 35,000 Americans intending to find information on how to hack into these apps every month.
The number of mobile app hacking is on the rise, and a recent report from the RSA puts smartphones on the top of the list as the main channel for hackers.
With that in mind, the experts with an interest in mobile technology from Case24 sought to investigate which are the apps Americans should be aware that are more prone to getting hacked.
Simultaneously, Case 24 also had a look at the mobile phone brands that are most likely to be targeted by hackers in the United States.
The data was gathered by analyzing monthly Google search volumes to see how many Americans are looking to find information on how to hack different apps or phone brands.
You are 192 times more at risk to get hacked if you have THIS phone.
When investigated the number of times people were interested in hacking different phone brands, the results show a whopping difference between the brand in first place and the other brands. In fact, the results show the following:
In second place are Samsung owners, with 3,100 Americans monthly searching how to hack into their phones. LG is third with 670 searches/month, while Sony, Nokia and Huawei were the phones hackers are least interested in, with under 500 searches/month each
What apps are most at risk of being hacked?
Just like with phone brands, some apps are more prone to being hacked than others. In fact, your Instagram account is approximately 24 times more at risk to get hacked than your Netflix account. The results show that a shocking 66,960 Americans are interested in finding out how to hack someone’s Instagram account every month. Your Snapchat and WhatsApp accounts are not safe either, with over 35,000 Americans intending to find information on how to hack into these apps every month.